The project examines the rationale for applying a public health approach to PELC, exploring where and how public health approaches could be applied to support local service planning and delivery.
Chair/Project Sponsor – Andrew Carnon, Joint Interim Director of Public Health, NHS Dumfries & Galloway
Lead Author – Michelle Gillies, Specialist Registrar Public Health
- Ann Conacher, Manager, Scottish Public Health Network
- Elaine Garman, Public Health Specialist, NHS Highland
- David Gray, Consultant in Palliative Medicine, ACCORD Hospice / NHSGGC
- Mark Hazelwood, Chief Executive, Scottish Partnership for Palliative Care
- Phil Mackie, Lead Consultant, Scottish Public Health Network
- Allyson McCollam, Joint Head of Health Improvement, NHS Borders
- Gordon McLaren, Consultant Public Health Medicine, NHS Fife
- Rebecca Patterson, Policy & Communications Manager, Scottish Partnership for Palliative Care
The final report and supporting briefings were published February 2016.